Careers at WNM Communications
The following positions are available at WNM Communications. They will remain open until filled.
Please let us know of your interest by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Manages accounting staff and activities to ensure accurate and timely account information and financial statements. Ensure accuracy of general and subsidiary ledgers and prepare financial statements. Examine financial statements and transactions for completeness, accuracy and conformity with established accounting practices and Part 32 rules. Prepare State and Federal regulatory filings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Directly supervises accounting team. Assigns and monitors work flow for team members to ensure timely completion of duties.
• Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, evaluation of performance and development of this accounting and finance team.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
• Assists in the preparation of budgeting and forecasting functions.
• Review the daily and monthly financial transactions to ensure accuracy, completeness, and GAAP/FCC compliance.
• Prepare financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices.
• Understand the NECA/USAC reporting requirements, including settlements process, and access charges. Coordinates audit, cost study and regulatory reporting and data gathering.
• Monitor and enforce internal controls.
• Make suggestions or present ideas to make the company more efficient and effective.
• Perform other related duties assigned by management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of Part 32 accounting practices
• Knowledge of GAAP
• Knowledge of preparing information needed for cost separations and cost studies.
• Knowledge of auditing, cash management and budgeting.
• Knowledge of company policies and procedures
• Knowledge of management principles and practices.
• Skill in reading and interpreting statistical and financial data.
• Skill in written communication and data presentation; Write clearly and informatively; Edit work for spelling and grammar; Present numerical data effectively.
• Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
• Ability to meet productivity standard; Complete work in a timely manner.
• Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, PLUS ten years of progressive accounting experience preferred. Five years in a supervisory or senior role desired.
has an immediate opening for a
OSP Field Engineer
Outside Plant Engineer – Copper/Fiber
WNM Communications, located in Southwest New Mexico has an immediate opening for an Outside Plant Engineer. The OSP Engineer is responsible for the design and layout of Outside Plant telecommunications facilities in various environments including aerial, buried and underground. Familiar with copper cable design and layout, underground conduit, manhole/hand hole and fiber design and layout, building entrance and riser facilities, utility, road, federal, state and tribal land permitting, railroad crossings and other complex ROW issues. Will be expected to handle all permitting requirements as well as
researching information as it pertains to rights of way, tree trimming, crossings and bores.
Requires a strong knowledge of OSP practices and procedures with pervious fielding experience. Candidates must possess the ability to meet or exceed business unit goals while maintaining quality standards, controlling expenses, and following company and business unit directives and practices.
The successful candidate must meet a majority of the knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience requirements outlined below:
Support the design and engineering process by planning and preparing drawings for construction of new, and removal or rearrangement of existing fiber optic and/or copper cables, and conduits.
Completes designs in accordance with company, RUS, state and federal specifications and guidelines
Prepare permits and or private easements
Able to read and understand telecom related records, highway/road prints, be able to identify conflicts with existing outside plant facilities, select routing of lines and equipment required for relocation projects.
Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
Deep understanding of communications engineering and related systems
Minimum of 2-4 years of OSP experience
Exceptional critical thinking ability
Knowledge of National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and Rural Utility Services (RUS) Standards
Preferred previous CAD and other GIS based experience but not required.
MapCom experience is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
OSP: 2 years
OSP Engineering: 1 year
Telecommunications: 1 year
WNM Communications has an excellent benefits package including Profit Sharing, 401K,
Medical, Dental, Life, Vision,
IP/ISP Network Engineer
IP/ISP Network Engineer is responsible for projects and tasks related to IP and Internet transport, ISP routing and design along with central office engineering of backhaul equipment and end user delivery platforms. This position includes responsibility for design, and planning for maintenance, improvements, capacity, and upgrades for the relevant systems. The IP/ISP Network Engineer is an integral part of the Operations team and is responsible for executing projects to augment and enhance the network.
The Operations team is responsible for designing, planning, and operating complex network and voice systems to ensure optimal efficiency and cost-effectiveness through utilization of industry-best practices.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, designs, and coordinates complex network augments and rearrangements to the existing network.
• Responsible for maintaining spares inventory, network redundancy and sufficient capacity in transport and access network systems
• Responsible for working on central office facilities, routers, infrastructure, switches, fiber terminal equipment and related systems
• Create detailed network documentation along with plans and drawings for transport/access networks MOP’s for augmentation.
• Create engineering work packages including scope of work, material lists, provisioning details, installation details, network diagrams and installation notes.
• Responsible for performing central office installation, repair work and in the field installations.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of rural and competitive telephone operations and subscriber services preferred.
• Experience with central office installation, maintenance, and repair work – DC power systems, ROADM network systems, DSL and Fiber Access equipment, and with DWDM, OTN, and Carrier Ethernet technologies
• Experience with design, planning, documentation and maintenance of fiber.
• Working knowledge of Ethernet, IP, routing protocols, firewalls, FTTx, all WISP delivery platforms, xDSL, T1 required
• Knowledge of current architectures being deployed Metro Ethernet, GPON, DWDM, CBRS, ROADM, WISP architectures and VOIP delivery methods.
• Strong knowledge of ADTRAN access, Juniper routers, and Optical transport systems a plus
• Knowledge of industry standards and best common procedures
• Ability to communicate and provide technical assistance with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
Education and Experience:
Education: 2 or 4 year technical degree preferred, high school diploma required.
Experience: Minimum of five years of relevant technical experience.
WNM Communications, located in Southwest New Mexico and has excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Profit Sharing, 401K,