Careers at WNM Communications
Thanks for your interest in a career at WNM Communications. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WNM Communication has an immediate opening for a Utility Construction Laborer.
Responsibilities include placing and maintaining cable within underground conduit system. Maintain rights-of-way,
including patching roadways and backfill areas. Installs and removes aerial cable. Installs and maintains pedestals,
poles, carrier sites and equipment at subscriber locations. Operates digging and trenching equipment. Must be able to
obtain a CDL license within a year of employment.
Must have or be willing to obtain tower certification to work at extended heights of 100 feet or more with the
assistance of equipment or by climbing.
Travel is required. Must be able to lift and carry 75 pounds.
Please send resumes to email@example.com or mail to Human Resources, P.O. Box 3079, Silver City, NM 88062.
Job Title: Accountant
Maintains ledgers and financial records in accordance with established guidelines and procedures. Prepares fiscal and management reports and is responsible for a wide range of bookkeeping and accounting related activities. Understands and maintains confidentiality, internal accuracy and conformity with established accounting procedures. Works closely with other members of the accounting department and is cross trained and able to perform other accounting duties as well.
- Assist with accounting activities covering, but not limited to, GL, AP, AR and Payroll
- Perform account reconciliation
- Assist with financial statements, management reports, and other required periodic filings
- Assist with the inventory management, monthly transactions and periodic physical counts
- Compile and analyze financial data to prepare journal entries to post to the general ledger
- Collects data and assist in the preparation of federal, state, and local reports and tax returns
- Maintain work order detail for activities including capital, maintenance and sales projects
- Acquire and develop understanding of Part 32 Accounting
- Acquire knowledge and principles behind NECA pooling
- Performs all other related duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and three years’ experience. Five years of may be substituted for a degree.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Proficient with Excel, and familiar with other Microsoft Office Applications
- Familiarity with and ability to learn accounting software
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skill
- Self-starter with the ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments
Preferred Technical Skills
- Knowledge of Telecommunications Environment including: Experience in RLEC Plant Accounting
- Understanding of FCC Parts 32 & 69, the impact of Part 32 on ratemaking & settlements
- Working with external regulating authorities including NECA, USAC, FCC, PRC, RUS
Outside Plant Engineer
Job Title: OSP Engineer
Responsibilities for this position would include (but not be limited to) plant facilities design,
circuit design, project cost and time estimation, and project management and coordination. Other
responsibilities include meeting with customers, utilities, and/or local government personnel both
in person and via other means of communication (phone, email, mail, etc.) regarding plant
facility projects, CAD design, GPS collection, making warehouse requisitions, and other duties
as assigned. This engineer will be expected to understand telecommunications practices and
functions including, but not limited to, physical plant facilities (fiber optics, copper twisted pair,
and coax), transmission methods (TDM, ATM, SONET, Ethernet, and various Wireless
Technologies), mapping, and outside and inside plant construction methods. Knowledge and
understanding of basic (or advanced) networking, Ethernet routing and switching, plant
architectures (copper twisted pair trunk and distribution, fiber transmission, fiber trunk, PON
fiber distribution, Active fiber distribution, and wireless technologies), GPS collection, CAD
drafting, and mapping is essential.
Design outside plant fiber and copper projects.
Design outside plant Broadband Loop Carriers (BLC). BLC’s provide broadband to remote
areas based on the company’s and regulatory requirements.
Participate in associated aspects of strategic planning processes.
Research and develop new products, methods, technologies and architectures associated with the outside plant.
Coordinate with local, state, and federal government entities on projects as necessary (road construction projects, permits, mapping, etc.).
Acquire permits and rights-of-way required to commence construction.
Other duties as assigned.
Understanding of telecom plant materials (i.e. conduit/duct, copper and fiber cables, access
equipment, hand-holes, manholes, pedestals, poles, etc.).
Understanding and knowledge of typical installation practices, and design concepts is preferable.
Knowledge and experience with NESC and NEC requirements is preferable.
Experience with AutoCAD and/or other drafting software.
Competence with basic computer systems (i.e. Spreadsheets, Word Processing, email, etc.).
Bachelor degree, or equivalent work experience, in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering,
etc. or other industry related or comparable experience is required.
Customer Service Representative (CSR)
JOB BRIEF AND QUALIFICATIONS
This position reports to the Director of Customer Experience. The Customer Service Representative is involved in
all aspects of customer relations, from the initial contact to assisting with inquiries and problems in service, billing, nonpayment, and final disconnection of an account and maintains an effective working relationship
with other staff to respond to service requests and billing problems and maintaining subscriber records including posting customer payments to proper accounts.
Duties may be added or taken away at any time at Management Discretion.
Specifics to the Job:
Employees normally work eight hours per day, however, additional hours may be required to meet needs of the business.
Working knowledge of order entry and billing systems (MACC) preferred
Working with computer terminals and other office equipment is required.
Adheres to safe work practices.
May require traveling out of town for training if necessary.