Careers at WNM Communications
The following positions are available at WNM Communications. They will remain open until filled.
Please let us know of your interest by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
has an immediate opening for a
OSP Field Engineer
Outside Plant Engineer – Copper/Fiber
WNM Communications, located in Southwest New Mexico has an immediate opening for an Outside Plant Engineer. The OSP Engineer is responsible for the design and layout of Outside Plant telecommunications facilities in various environments including aerial, buried and underground. Familiar with copper cable design and layout, underground conduit, manhole/hand hole and fiber design and layout, building entrance and riser facilities, utility, road, federal, state and tribal land permitting, railroad crossings and other complex ROW issues. Will be expected to handle all permitting requirements as well as
researching information as it pertains to rights of way, tree trimming, crossings and bores.
Requires a strong knowledge of OSP practices and procedures with pervious fielding experience. Candidates must possess the ability to meet or exceed business unit goals while maintaining quality standards, controlling expenses, and following company and business unit directives and practices.
The successful candidate must meet a majority of the knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience requirements outlined below:
Support the design and engineering process by planning and preparing drawings for construction of new, and removal or rearrangement of existing fiber optic and/or copper cables, and conduits.
Completes designs in accordance with company, RUS, state and federal specifications and guidelines
Prepare permits and or private easements
Able to read and understand telecom related records, highway/road prints, be able to identify conflicts with existing outside plant facilities, select routing of lines and equipment required for relocation projects.
Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
Deep understanding of communications engineering and related systems
Minimum of 2-4 years of OSP experience
Exceptional critical thinking ability
Knowledge of National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and Rural Utility Services (RUS) Standards
Preferred previous CAD and other GIS based experience but not required.
MapCom experience is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
OSP: 2 years
OSP Engineering: 1 year
Telecommunications: 1 year
WNM Communications has an excellent benefits package including Profit Sharing, 401K,
Medical, Dental, Life, Vision,
IP/ISP Network Engineer
IP/ISP Network Engineer is responsible for projects and tasks related to IP and Internet transport, ISP routing and design along with central office engineering of backhaul equipment and end user delivery platforms. This position includes responsibility for design, and planning for maintenance, improvements, capacity, and upgrades for the relevant systems. The IP/ISP Network Engineer is an integral part of the Operations team and is responsible for executing projects to augment and enhance the network.
The Operations team is responsible for designing, planning, and operating complex network and voice systems to ensure optimal efficiency and cost-effectiveness through utilization of industry-best practices.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, designs, and coordinates complex network augments and rearrangements to the existing network.
• Responsible for maintaining spares inventory, network redundancy and sufficient capacity in transport and access network systems
• Responsible for working on central office facilities, routers, infrastructure, switches, fiber terminal equipment and related systems
• Create detailed network documentation along with plans and drawings for transport/access networks MOP’s for augmentation.
• Create engineering work packages including scope of work, material lists, provisioning details, installation details, network diagrams and installation notes.
• Responsible for performing central office installation, repair work and in the field installations.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of rural and competitive telephone operations and subscriber services preferred.
• Experience with central office installation, maintenance, and repair work – DC power systems, ROADM network systems, DSL and Fiber Access equipment, and with DWDM, OTN, and Carrier Ethernet technologies
• Experience with design, planning, documentation and maintenance of fiber.
• Working knowledge of Ethernet, IP, routing protocols, firewalls, FTTx, all WISP delivery platforms, xDSL, T1 required
• Knowledge of current architectures being deployed Metro Ethernet, GPON, DWDM, CBRS, ROADM, WISP architectures and VOIP delivery methods.
• Strong knowledge of ADTRAN access, Juniper routers, and Optical transport systems a plus
• Knowledge of industry standards and best common procedures
• Ability to communicate and provide technical assistance with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
Education and Experience:
Education: 2 or 4 year technical degree preferred, high school diploma required.
Experience: Minimum of five years of relevant technical experience.
WNM Communications, located in Southwest New Mexico and has excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Profit Sharing, 401K,